Fuel and Oil Testing Suite
Oil analysis testing suite
The following oil tests 1 to 5 are covered under the standard sample price. Particle Counting to ISO 4406 is included for hydraulics.
See our technical Information pages for more information on some of these oil tests.
- Full spectrographic analysis of wear metals, oil additives, contaminants by ICP (ASTM D5185). Readings are given in ppm (parts per million).
- Total ferrous debris (FW/PQ), including large particles using a 51FW meter. Units are dimensionless.
- Viscosity at 40oC (ASTM D445). Units in Centistokes (cSt).
- TIM (Total Insoluble Matter) given as '% insoluble'. Or infrared analysis of engine samples to monitor oil condition and degradation. Reported as '% allowable'. ‘Caterpillar method.’
- Water analysis (ASTM D1744).
The following can also carried out at the discretion of the interpreter:
- a) Fuel contamination by closed-cup flash point (ASTM D3278)
- b) Anti-freeze by wet chemical analysis
- c) Ferrography & Wear Debris Analysis are carried out when necessary
- d) Photographic evidence can also be included to support/record the findings
The following other services are available at extra cost. Fuel oil test, Oil analysis testing, Coolant and Grease Analysis.
- TAN & TBN are also available to IP177/400
- Particle Counting to ISO 4406 is available.
(Included with Hydraulics)
- Coolant analysis. Bespoke.
- Diesel fuel analysis. Bespoke.
- Brake fluid analysis. Bespoke.
- Grease analysis. Bespoke.
- Transformer oil analysis. Bespoke.
The report comes with a recommendation if required. This is based on knowledge of similar or known components, derived from many years of experience in the oil analysis field.
The standard report layout is typically in PDF format, and is e-mailed to facilitate a fast turnaround.
See: Sample report to read what to expect in a oil testing report.
Clients of Oil Check or Emerson software can import directly into their own databases, created automatically. This enables easy handling and management of data.
Kit prices include full analysis and return postage.
Expected turnaround is less than 2 working days but less than 1 day is fairly typical.
An 'Urgent' service is available by arrangement. Tel: 01302 329609 for assistance.
We work to ISO9001:2008
and BS EN ISO14001:2004 standards